Spiritual Standard and Statement of Faith
Association of Cedarbrook Camps™
All members of the Board of Trustees and workers serving in any capacity shall be those who are committed to Christ and His service, and seek to manifest the kind of life expressed in Romans 12:10-12.
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above your selves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one God, eternally existent and coequal in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. John 14:16-17, Matthew 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man. Matthew 1:18-23.
- We believe that the Scriptures of Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and are the final authority for faith and life. II Peter 1:20-21, II Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12.
- We believe we were created in the image of God; that we have sinned, incurring both physical and spiritual death; and that all human beings are born in sin and that this sinful nature is the origin of all sinful acts in thought, word and deed. Genesis 1:26, Romans 5:12, Isaiah 59:2, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died as the atoning sacrifice for our sins, the just for the unjust, according to the Scriptures, and that all who believe in Him are justified by grace through His shed blood. Romans 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-9, II Corinthians 5:21, I Peter 3:18.
- We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit, becoming children of God. John 1:12, Galatians 3:26, John 3:16.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit in illuminating, regenerating, indwelling, and sanctifying the Christian. Romans 8:14-16, John 16:13, II Thessalonians 2:13.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His present work as High Priest and advocate, and His personal return in power and glory. I Corinthians 15:3-4, Hebrews 4:14-16, I Thessalonians 4:16-17.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved and the lost; the saved to everlasting life, and the lost to everlasting punishment. Acts 24:15, Revelation 20:15, Romans 6:23, I Corinthians 15:20-24.
Regarding Denominational Differences
Since staff and campers of Cascade Camp Cedarbrook come from many different denominational backgrounds, staff members are asked, while serving at Cascade Camp Cedarbrook, not to promote or practice denominational distinctions that are not found in the above statement of faith. We believe it strengthens the unity we share in the Holy Spirit to adhere to the basic beliefs we hold in common.